The above linked article got me thinking. "Retro Agents", our next movie, is an 80's style action flick a la "Beverly Hils Cop" and the like. So what better rules to stick to then some established by the movie classics of the day in question...
"RETRO AGENTS" MANIFESTO AS PER THE 80'S MOVIE RULES...
In order, I will follow the rules stated by applying the following:
1) Squibs, not CGI blood
2) Opening scenes to set up each of the leading characters
3) Buddies with guns a la Lethal Weapon
4) Short scene with children who DON'T talk like they're 17
5) The sex will be just plain damn FILTHY!!!
6) In and out in 80 mins (well, really, it's all we can afford, and no, this is not in reference to #5)
7) Anyone wanna set the words "Retro Agents" to music? Preferably with a beat box?
8) Hmmm. Gonna shoot people. Yeah.
9) This movie is about Canadian government cops. Cheap satire, DONE!
10) Our baddie is an evil millionaire coke dealer. He has motivation. Namely, to deal more cocaine and make more millions.